Hayes Speech Pathology
Emily, is a certified practising speech pathologist with many year practical experience in the field. She has a special interest in paediatric feeding and orofacial myology.
Since completing a Bachelor of Science (Speech Pathology) at Flinders University in 2000, Emily has worked with families both in hospital and community settings to assess and treat a wide variety of communication and feeding challenges. Emily has extensive experience working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and working with children with developmental delays and disorders.
Emily has participated in additional training in orofacial myology. Orofacial Myologists help people use the muscles of their face and mouth to breathe, chew and swallow in a functionally correct and healthy way.
- Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist
- Bachelor of Science (Speech Pathology) Flinders University
- Orofacial Myologist specialist training
Helping patients with
- Feeding and eating challenges
- Babies struggling with breast or bottle feeding.
- Difficulties transitioning children to solid foods and lumpy foods.
- Challenges accepting an appropriate variety of foods.
- Adults having trouble swallowing which may result in starting to cough when drinking and eating, developing chest infections and/or losing weight.
- Tongue tie and upper lip tie.
- Oral habits such as thumb sucking and tongue thrust swallow.
- Abnormal swallow patterns or oral habits which are moving teeth.